Skip to main content

That's Good to Know!

Some things that are good to know...

1) If you spend $7 for a half-pound of gourmet coffee at Starbucks (to surprise your sweetie) but you accidentally leave it sitting on the counter, they'll probably still be holding it for you when you go back a week later. They did for me!

2) Even if spring is on it's way with 50 degree temps for a week, you can still get 6-12 inches of snow tomorrow. We are.

3) If your mailbox is having trouble staying upright, you'll only get junk mail on the days it is standing. Apparently all the important stuff is saved for the days it topples over. Right now it's standing. Must mean no bills.

4) You can get a ton of stuff accomplished on a day where you are cramped for time (like yesterday), and you can get nothing done on a day that you should have plenty of time (that's today).

5) You order something online and they say it'll take a week to 10 days to get to you, but it comes in two days. You mail something at the USPS and they tell you it probably won't get there for a week to ten days. Unless you want to make that Priority Mail, Ma'am.

Comments

Mary Ellen said…
#4 happens to me ALL the time! I don't get it, but it happens...
Truckin Teeds said…
Hmph...ain't that just the way it goes! :)
Hope your new mailbox lasts longer than the last one!
Unknown said…
I need to remember #5, so true.
Ms. Kathleen said…
I can certainly relate to #2! It snowed here 5 feet the last few days of April. I am praying we don't have a rerun.

Enjoyed your list and what is with the mail anyway?

Popular posts from this blog

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha...

Week 3 of half marathon training

This week brought very cold temperatures that caused a challenge for some of my runs. It is almost impossible for me to stay comfortably warm when it gets below 20 degrees. I did my first hill workout, which is meant to strengthen a different set of muscles and increase your speed. I did that on the treadmill on Monday because the weather was dangerously wet and we were in a flood state--I decided not to risk getting drenched by passing cars. The rest of the week had runs ranging between 3 and 5 miles. My week culminated with a 6 mile "long run". I had to put that off on Saturday because the temperature hovered around 14 degrees, and the weatherman promised a balmy 20 degrees on Sunday! I really don't like running on Sunday--it is a full day of church and family dinner and activities and I am usually too pooped out to take a long run. But I planned carefully, took some extra snacks to church to keep fueled up, and headed out the door while my sweet hubby fixed lunch for t...

Mixed Feelings

It's been a long time in coming, but as of this morning, I'm no longer a medical transcriptionist. I'm not sure how I feel about that...a little bit relieved, a little bit sad, a lot bit uncertain about whether I'll regret this decision. For the last year or so, I've found that the transcription work isn't fulfilling the need I once had to stay at home with my babies and have an income. I've increasingly felt that I need more interaction and less monotony. I've also felt the pressure of work that constantly needs to be done, with no sense of ever being really "finished." No matter how much work you've done for the day, there's always another note waiting to be transcribed. That goes for sick days, holidays, vacations days or any kind of days. This year, I've dabbled in substituting as a school monitor and office staff, and kind of found my niche in the last few weeks. I'll be working a couple of hours a day in one of the ...