Skip to main content

Little Wise Guys

Overheard in the van, on the ride to school this morning:

Little Chic to Brainy Boy:
"I'm rejecting your reality and substituting it with my own reality."

I'm thinking that somebody has been watching a little too much Dr. Phil.

Comments

Laurie said…
Baaahahahhahahah! OMGoodness, that's too funny!

And I can sooo identify with the sound thing. I think with Claire's deafness, it has somehow made me more hypersensitive to sounds and protective of our hearing. The boys have these airsoft guns and the clicking makes me crazy! Must be done outside. Of course it may be making me nuts when I hear it inside because that could mean I will be finding holes in my lampshades and bb's embedded in the soles of my feet...AGAIN!
Anonymous said…
Jen this one made me laugh right out loud. I love Dr. Phil and some of his Philism's get thrown into some of my conversations, much to my husbands dismay. But for it to come from a young one such as Lil Chic, well that's just priceless. I would have loved to have seen Brainy Boy's face when he heard that one. Too funny!
-Charlene
PandaMom said…
I am seriously stealing that line and using it on someone this week! Toooooooo funny!
cabbey said…
hehe, that's priceless. :)

More likely though, was that she was quoting Adam Savage from the Mythbusters on Discovery, not Dr. Phil.

Popular posts from this blog

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha...

Week 3 of half marathon training

This week brought very cold temperatures that caused a challenge for some of my runs. It is almost impossible for me to stay comfortably warm when it gets below 20 degrees. I did my first hill workout, which is meant to strengthen a different set of muscles and increase your speed. I did that on the treadmill on Monday because the weather was dangerously wet and we were in a flood state--I decided not to risk getting drenched by passing cars. The rest of the week had runs ranging between 3 and 5 miles. My week culminated with a 6 mile "long run". I had to put that off on Saturday because the temperature hovered around 14 degrees, and the weatherman promised a balmy 20 degrees on Sunday! I really don't like running on Sunday--it is a full day of church and family dinner and activities and I am usually too pooped out to take a long run. But I planned carefully, took some extra snacks to church to keep fueled up, and headed out the door while my sweet hubby fixed lunch for t...

Mixed Feelings

It's been a long time in coming, but as of this morning, I'm no longer a medical transcriptionist. I'm not sure how I feel about that...a little bit relieved, a little bit sad, a lot bit uncertain about whether I'll regret this decision. For the last year or so, I've found that the transcription work isn't fulfilling the need I once had to stay at home with my babies and have an income. I've increasingly felt that I need more interaction and less monotony. I've also felt the pressure of work that constantly needs to be done, with no sense of ever being really "finished." No matter how much work you've done for the day, there's always another note waiting to be transcribed. That goes for sick days, holidays, vacations days or any kind of days. This year, I've dabbled in substituting as a school monitor and office staff, and kind of found my niche in the last few weeks. I'll be working a couple of hours a day in one of the ...