Skip to main content

Morning Glory

I've always said I'm a night person, but I guess I should requalify myself as an early bird since my best work always seems to be done after midnight. This is why I was up till 1:45am this morning. This digital scrapbook stuff is driving me crazy trying to figure out little odds & ends so I figured Hero Guy wouldn't be too mad at me if I were at least experimenting on something for him. If you call early, my kids will not be ashamed to tell you that I'm still in bed.

Comments

Marissa Kay said…
Hey, "Night Bird" as my friend from China calls me. You are catching on to the digital scrapbooking quickly! Great job!!!
Anonymous said…
Cool picture/page. I keep forgetting that you guys aren't in school yet so for a second I was wondering why your kids would be home. When do you start? I tend to stay up way to late in the summer, I'm a night owl too. I'm trying to get in a new habit of going to bed earlier, something new to me.
PandaMom said…
I'm playing catch up. The BAT??? GROSS!!!!!!! The weeding? Great idea and what an awesome life lesson he learned. That will go with his character forever. Good job! The digital? I am impressed. I'm an addicted scrapbooker and though I like how digital looks there is something therapeutic about hands-on, chatting with friends, crop-til-midnight kinda scrappin' I can't imagine giving up. Besides, with my RETARDED computer I think I might shoot it with one of your BB guns when it messed up like MINE IS RIGHT NOW!!! Can you sense the frustration? Blogging with no pictures is like having a chocolate shake instead of a MALT. They are NOT the same! ; )
Unknown said…
Awesome - I think you found your calling.
Malissa said…
neat:)
I end up staying up too late when I get working on the computer;)

Popular posts from this blog

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha...

Week 3 of half marathon training

This week brought very cold temperatures that caused a challenge for some of my runs. It is almost impossible for me to stay comfortably warm when it gets below 20 degrees. I did my first hill workout, which is meant to strengthen a different set of muscles and increase your speed. I did that on the treadmill on Monday because the weather was dangerously wet and we were in a flood state--I decided not to risk getting drenched by passing cars. The rest of the week had runs ranging between 3 and 5 miles. My week culminated with a 6 mile "long run". I had to put that off on Saturday because the temperature hovered around 14 degrees, and the weatherman promised a balmy 20 degrees on Sunday! I really don't like running on Sunday--it is a full day of church and family dinner and activities and I am usually too pooped out to take a long run. But I planned carefully, took some extra snacks to church to keep fueled up, and headed out the door while my sweet hubby fixed lunch for t...

Mixed Feelings

It's been a long time in coming, but as of this morning, I'm no longer a medical transcriptionist. I'm not sure how I feel about that...a little bit relieved, a little bit sad, a lot bit uncertain about whether I'll regret this decision. For the last year or so, I've found that the transcription work isn't fulfilling the need I once had to stay at home with my babies and have an income. I've increasingly felt that I need more interaction and less monotony. I've also felt the pressure of work that constantly needs to be done, with no sense of ever being really "finished." No matter how much work you've done for the day, there's always another note waiting to be transcribed. That goes for sick days, holidays, vacations days or any kind of days. This year, I've dabbled in substituting as a school monitor and office staff, and kind of found my niche in the last few weeks. I'll be working a couple of hours a day in one of the ...