Monday, January 29

The Thrill of Small Accomplishments

I get a bit irritable when there's something that I try to do and I can't figure out on my own how to do it. By figure it out myself, I mean using my own vast supply of logic, a bit of try this and try that, perhaps a Google search or two and then it better work. By figure it out, in no way do I mean to open a manual or read any type of directions.

My recent quest to figure out how to underline, I mean scratch out a particular word when I'm blogging has kept me particularly annoyed. This particular skill has eluded me for a couple of months now, and taking my too-busy-to-mess-with-it schedule, I've been going around in a state of silent irkdom whenever I have a lovely spot in which to use this little trick and I can't figure how to do it.

Enter today, just by happenstance, Bloggingbasics101 which very well could be a blogging newbie's best friend. I was perusing the site just to see what small morsel I might pick up and I was feeling quite smug, if I do say so myself. I pretty much already knew everything I was reading in each entry. Until....at the very bottom....was how to cross out, or 'strike through' a word in your blog!!!

You'd better watch it now that I know how to do this because it's going to be turning up everywhere. Now isn't this just grand??!

3 of Your THINKS:

Mary Ellen said...

OK, I'm probably showing my ignorance here but why would one want to strike out a word? Underline I can understand but when writing the 'ole fashioned way we strike out a word because we don't have a delete button on our pen - but why strikeout a typed word you can delete? I must not know something about what it means...please inform....

Rochelle said...

You're moving right up there with 'Miss Zoot' now Jen...getting to be a blog queen yourself!

Debbie said...

COOL BEANS and how rewarding to get that figured out all by your lonesome!