Skip to main content

What about You?

I've always been a psychology buff and and I thought the answers to these questions can reveal a lot about a person. I found it on another blog, so I thought I'd share a few more of my quirks with you. This blogging is a strange thing. I've revealed more about myself since December '05 when I started blogging than I ever have in my life.

1. Do you sleep with your closet doors opened or closed? Closed. Otherwise I feel like somebody can sneak up on me.
2. Do you ever take the soaps and shampoos from hotel rooms? Yup, they are there for me and they throw them out if the seal is broken anyhoo. I don't raid the maid's cart or anything, just take what's in my room.
3. Have you ever had sex in a hotel room? I started to leave this one out, but hey, I have two kids, so you guess the answer to this one.
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign? Uh, no. It wouldn't go with my landscaping.
5. Do you use post-it notes? Constantly. I love them. My girlfriend gave me a big bag of them she got at the business fair and I was Sooo happy!
6. Do you cut coupons out but never use them? Always. My intention is good, but my follow through stinks.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a bear or a swarm of bees? A bear. I have a plan. I've taken a lot of kickboxing classes to prepare for the moment.
8. Do you always smile for pictures? Yup. My "alluring, serious" look always makes me look like a weirdo.
9. What is your biggest pet peeve? Dirty fingernails & toenails on anybody, especially my kids.
10. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? In. Otherwise you are buried from the waist up in sheets and your feet are naked, and that is really annoying.
11. Have you ever peed in the woods? Oh, I have on my one and only backpacking trek with Hero Guy deep into the Adirondack forest. Which is why we now camp at campgrounds with proper toilets.
12. Do you chew on your pens or pencils? No, I prefer my hangnails.
13. What is your favorite animal and why? I love monkeys because they do all the hilarious gross things that humans can't get away with.
14. Do you like popcorn from those big tins? No, I like the microwave mini-popcorn bags. The tins always have stale popcorn in them. I will put up with the cheese flavored, though. It's kind of addicting.
15. Could you marry the person you are with right now? You betcha, baby. I'd do it again.
16. Is is okay for a guy to wear pink? For sure, but Hero Guy wiggles away whenever I try to get him into that pink polo shirt.
17. Do you still watch cartoons? Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is the newest introduction my kids have given me. I prefer the Flintstones, though.
18. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had it? In the most obvious place I could think of so nobody would look there.
19. What do you drink with dinner? Cranberry seltzer or Pepsi One.
20. What do you dip your chicken nugget in? Honey Mustard, always. It's my condiment of choice on everything from sandwiches to tuna salad dressing.
21. What is your favorite food cusine? Italian.
22. What movies could you watch over and over again, and not get tired of them? Benny & Joon, Untamed Heart.
23. Where you a boy scout or girl scout? Not when I was a kid, but I got to join when Little Chic signed up!
24. When was the last time you wrote a letter to a person on paper? I wouldn't even know. I'm definitely an email and phone call kind of girl.
25. Favorite kind of sandwich? PB and banana.
26. Best thing to eat for breakfast? Biscuits & gravy is my fav, but my usual is a high protein granola bar.
27. What is your usual bedtime? 11:00
28. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as a kid? I was usually a princess.
29. Do you read the newspaper? Occasionally. I get my info on my My Yahoo page.
30. How many languages can you speak? English and a little bit of American Sign Language.
31. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Reader's Digest.
32. Are you in love? Who couldn't be in love with the Hero Guy?
33. Which are better? Legos or Lincoln Logs? Lincoln Logs (Geomags are even better though).
34. Red or white wine? I'm pretty much a teetotaller.
35. Are you stubborn? When I need to be.
36. Watch a soap-opera? I'm more into reality TV.
37. Sing in the car? Always. But if somebody looks at me weird, I turn around and pretend to be talking to my kids.
38. Dance in the shower? Last time I tried, I slipped and fell.
39. Dance in the car? If banging on the steering wheel and bouncing in my seat counts. And if somebody looks at me weird, I bend down and pretend I'm trying to reach for something.
40. Ever use a gun? I'm a great target shooter.
41. Last time you got a picture taken from a photographer? About a year ago for the church directory.
42. Are musicals cheesy? I like the classic musicals.
43. Is Christmas stressful? If we're travelling, yes. If we're staying home, I love it.
44. Favorite type of fruit pie? I like blueberry.
45. What did you want to be as a kid? A spy.
46. Do you believe in ghosts? Not of people, but I do believe in spirits (angels, demons).
47. Ever have a deju-vu feeling? I have had it a couple of times--I dreamed of a place I eventually went to.
48. Take daily vitamins? I take liquid vits from the health food store.
49. Wear slippers? Flip-flop style terry cloth ones frpm Bath & Body Works.
50. Wear a bathrobe? I have a couple, but I never wear them.
51. What do you wear to bed? PJs.
52. First concert? Amy Grant.
53. Walmart, Target, or K-Mart? Walmart prices, Target merchandise.
54. Nike or Adidas? Nike trail runners.
55. Fritos or Cheetos? Either one, any time.
56. Corn nuts or Sunflower Seeds? Ditto as above.
57. Have you ever chosen a boy/girl over a friend? I'm sure I did at some point. I was a little boy-crazy in middle school.
58. Ever take dance lessons? No.
59. Can you curl your tongue? Yes and roll it sideways too.
60. Ever won a spelling bee? Absolutely. It was my pride in school.
61. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? Yes, when I found out Little Chic was a girl.
62. Own any records or record player? Just got rid of our never used record player a year ago.
63. Regularly burn incense? I use candles, but Hero Guy thinks it's a fire hazard.
64. Who would you like to see in concert? Little Big Town.
65. Ever been in-love? I believe we covered that in #15 and #32.
66. Hot tea or iced-tea? Sweetened iced.
67. Tea or coffee? Coffee, xtra cream, no sugar.
68. Favorite kind of cookie? Snickerdoodle.
69. Can you swim well? Yup.
70. Can you hold your breathe without manually holding your nose? Yeah, for a little while.
71. Are you patient? Not usually.
72. Ever won a contest? In middle school ran track and I was a first place sprinter.
73. Ever have plastic surgery? I won't unless it's repair from an accident.
74. Which are better, black or green olives? Def black.
75. Can you knit or crochet? I've tried, but failed.
76. Best room for a fire place? The family room.
77. What is the best way to show affection? Hugs/cuddling.
78. Would you rather do without your cell phone or car? I could easily live without the cell phone. It's just for emergencies anyway. Just the idea of being without a car would drive me nuts.
79. Do you have any regrets? Not having my sis be my maid of honor in my wedding.
80. Did you do well in high school? Flunkie in 9th grade, straight As from 10th on through college.
81. Do you still talk to people from high school? If email contact counts, several.
82. Have you ever been betrayed by a friend? Yes, but it was around middle school. I survived.

Comments

Rach said…
Wow, talk about some really in depth questions. I think I may just have to scoop this from ya and post it on my blog too for today.
Unknown said…
Very Cool Post, I loved it!
Anonymous said…
Very interesting, I'll probably borrow this some time, I love reading these. I'm glad you blog, it's been fun seeing a little more of the "inner you" even though I've known you for years. :-) Danny & his family are coming to town Labor Day weekend, looking forward to seeing them.
Anonymous said…
WOW! LOVED reading this!
~Sue
PandaMom said…
I will have to read through all of these later when I have more time, but I am going to answer them on my blog either today or tomorrow, so check back. Some of your answers are eerily close to mine, so don't freak when you read them. Later!

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,