Skip to main content

Kids Praise & Talent

Our church had its annual Kids Praise & Talent Nite and Little Chic did a bang up job singing a song called "Angels Watching Over Me." She is always so much fun to hear as she loves to sing and she really works hard getting ready.

Brainy Boy decided to write a poem after much encouragement prodding and he came up with the following. I was pretty impressed, if I do say so myself:

PRAISES:
I love the Lord and I will sing praises to Him for everything.
I love Him more every day and I will follow Him all the way.
He's strong and helps me say "No" to sin, and I will do everything in Him.
He asks me to help Him stop people from doing sin and purify them within.

God is true, great and good and I will love Him like I should.
He speaks to me when I pray and He guides me through the day.
Follow in His footsteps and you will live in a place that's grand.
He died for me to give me life and to take away toil and strife.

I love You, God, through day and night, for God gives me a glorious light.
I pray You'll hold me in Your arms and keep me away from death and harm.
In the end, all I'll say is "Keep me close both night and day."

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is just SO precious. Thanks for stopping by one of my blog's today. Feel free to come on by my other blog. :)

Thanks for the "thought-suggestion" of sparkpeople - I am really very happy that I stumbled upon it. It really is working for me.
PandaMom said…
About your Dixie Cups....sounds like you have little ghosties playiing a trick on you. Who ya gonna call? (Sorry, couldn't resist! ) I am emailing you about your dream. You are NOT going to believe this!
PandaMom said…
Apparently I didn't keep your email address. Just email me at {panda-mom @ sbcglobal.net} and I will email you back. Thanks! Of course, that's with no spaces or the funky squiggle lines!
Unknown said…
I can't wait to have Little Chic be our American Idol in the future. Is she counting down yet? Brainy Boy's poem was truly a delight.
Anonymous said…
How precious!

I can't wait to meet all of you! ~ Jenn Jones
Anonymous said…
YOU ARE MY FAVORITE FREE LANCE WRITER... LOVE DAD
Rochelle said…
That is a sweet poem by Brainy Boy! We need a pic of Lil Chic singing!!
Mary Ellen said…
Great poem!

We need to hear the girl sing, can't you do a recording of her like you've done of you on that website!?!?!

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha