Sunday, November 19

Cranberry Cheese Spread

If I were intelligent, I would spread my posts out for the week, rather than cramming them in one night. But at special request from my digital scrapbooking hero, here is a cranberry spread that I got from my sister, who is my home entertaining hero. The spread has been a hit both times I made it.

8 oz cream cheese, 1 Tbs orange juice, 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts. Mix these 3 ingredients together.

1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries coarsely chopped
4 green onions (scallions)
1 heaping Tbs canned jalepenos chopped
1-1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp ginger
3-4 Tbs fresh cilantro
Mix the second batch of ingredients together and refrigerate for 4 hours, THEN combine with the first set of ingredients.

Top with cranberries and cilantro, serve with crackers.

9 of Your THINKS:

Laurie said...

O Thank you, thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!!!! You are a goddess among suzy homemakers! :) And a sweet friend to boot! I will hit the store today to get the rest of the ingredients.

Laurie said...

Debbie, if you're reading this, thank you! I did try to adjust those pics, but Blogger keeps puttin them in thee side by side even though the html indicates they are stacked. Maybe I will just have to delete those imagages and post them one at a time in the future. I also read on Google that it's an IE issue and that not all viewers will see it looking all wonky. SO now I just need o go back to my old htms info and figure out where to put in my blog header again. Sigh....time for a new one anyway :)
Thank you again for your assistance!

Anonymous said...

That sounds positively delicious and plan to give it a try this season. Thank you!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

This sounds great. I am going to make it for Christmas Day snacking.
Thanks for sharing,
Jamie
http://jamies-weightloss-journey.blogspot.com/

Janette said...

This looks wonderful! I'm looking forward to trying it. (I just love anything with cilantro in it).

Anonymous said...

this has gotta be one to try.
I love cranberries, I love cilantro, I love Jalapena', I love anything with creme cheese except seatfood (yuck)

swampwitch said...

I'm here via Julie's Carnival. This recipe sounds wonderful. The cilantro just pulled me in because I love it. What an interesting mix of ingredients. Thank you for the recipe.

CyberCelt said...

Very interesting recipe. I grow cilantro (cannot keep it from growing, I should say), so this is a great idea to use some.

Here from BC Carnival.

Karmyn R said...

Yeah! An alternative to ranch dip, cheese spread, and spinach dip (which I am kind of getting tired of).