Skip to main content

Updates coming....Someday

I'm alive, but haven't been able to confirm that this week. Lots of stuff happening, and I'll get a chance to tell you soon...

1) Internet was broken, but thank goodness I'm a doityerselfer who knows nothing about anything. I guess I get lucky. It seems I've fixed it for now. I have no idea what I did to fix it, but it's working for the moment.

2) I turned 39 last week. I know, I know. Hard to believe ;)

3) Brainy Boy turned 12 last week too. Even harder to believe. Because I look so doggone young.

4) Wii gotta Wii. My shoulder is killing me, but I kick butt in ping pong and tennis. You'd think I'd kick butt in boxing, considering that I kickbox three days a week. But apparently pretending to beat somebody to pulp is much harder than doing it for real. Which brings me to the story that Muh Main Man almost got his hind end kicked when he snuck up behind me in Walmart today. He thanks his lucky stars for peripheral vision because I saw him out of the corner of my eye just before I backfisted him.

Have a great Mother's Day. If you're a mama, that is.

Comments

Unknown said…
It was great catching up with your posts and it sounds like you guys are having a great time with the birthday boy's new wii.

A very Happy Belated Birthday to you and Brainy Boy!
Happy Belated Bithday to you and your son!!

We have a Wii as well and it's a blast. Since your daughter did the Library Idol, you should look into purchasing the American Idol game. It's a lot of fun!
Allana Martian said…
Nice to know you are still kicking! As in still alive. Sorry to hear your computer nearly croaked. :-)
I would have loved to be the spectator in watching you backfist John. That would be a hoot!!

Popular posts from this blog

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha...

Week 3 of half marathon training

This week brought very cold temperatures that caused a challenge for some of my runs. It is almost impossible for me to stay comfortably warm when it gets below 20 degrees. I did my first hill workout, which is meant to strengthen a different set of muscles and increase your speed. I did that on the treadmill on Monday because the weather was dangerously wet and we were in a flood state--I decided not to risk getting drenched by passing cars. The rest of the week had runs ranging between 3 and 5 miles. My week culminated with a 6 mile "long run". I had to put that off on Saturday because the temperature hovered around 14 degrees, and the weatherman promised a balmy 20 degrees on Sunday! I really don't like running on Sunday--it is a full day of church and family dinner and activities and I am usually too pooped out to take a long run. But I planned carefully, took some extra snacks to church to keep fueled up, and headed out the door while my sweet hubby fixed lunch for t...

Mixed Feelings

It's been a long time in coming, but as of this morning, I'm no longer a medical transcriptionist. I'm not sure how I feel about that...a little bit relieved, a little bit sad, a lot bit uncertain about whether I'll regret this decision. For the last year or so, I've found that the transcription work isn't fulfilling the need I once had to stay at home with my babies and have an income. I've increasingly felt that I need more interaction and less monotony. I've also felt the pressure of work that constantly needs to be done, with no sense of ever being really "finished." No matter how much work you've done for the day, there's always another note waiting to be transcribed. That goes for sick days, holidays, vacations days or any kind of days. This year, I've dabbled in substituting as a school monitor and office staff, and kind of found my niche in the last few weeks. I'll be working a couple of hours a day in one of the ...