Skip to main content

Family Style Superbowl


The Super Bowl was a thrill to us as it was to many. We watched, just the four of us, with split allegiance among us. Frankly, I didn't have a favorite, so I waited for Muh Main Man to claim his team before I claimed the opposite....to keep it interesting, ya know? As smart gals will do, I picked the winner, and was able to gloat with Brainy Boy at the upset.

Little Chic and DogSpot watched as long as they could, but finally settled for a report as we hauled her out from under the snack table at the end of the game. She took the news well (she was on dad's side).

Today was the first day at school after a week of sickness for the Short People. They fared pretty well and it seems their teachers took pity on them. They don't appear to have an overwhelming amount of work to make up. It helps that I picked up assignments a few days and they worked through some of them over the weekend. Hopefully we're good to go for the rest of the winter on the healthy front.

Comments

Laura said…
Love the photo!!!

Glad the Short people are feeling better!

BTW In honour of my 100th post, I am asking blog friends to leave a question in their comment and I will answer 100 questions for my 100th post....hope you can join in the fun
Rochelle said…
Cute pic of Lil Chic! haha! I'm glad the kiddos are feelin better!
Laurie said…
Awww, she is so cute, and just growing up too fast! She looks like such a lovely young lady now on Sundays- not a little girl anymore!
And speaking of Sundays...how lame am I? I am sorry! Steve and I were out of town in Indy this weekend, BUT I REALLY AM GOING TO GET THAT BAG OF GOODIES TO YOU!
Unknown said…
Happy to hear the germs have cleared the building!

Your Little Chic is just too cute and happy to hear your team won!
Melanie said…
Glad to hear everyone is finally feeling better!

Popular posts from this blog

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha...

Week 3 of half marathon training

This week brought very cold temperatures that caused a challenge for some of my runs. It is almost impossible for me to stay comfortably warm when it gets below 20 degrees. I did my first hill workout, which is meant to strengthen a different set of muscles and increase your speed. I did that on the treadmill on Monday because the weather was dangerously wet and we were in a flood state--I decided not to risk getting drenched by passing cars. The rest of the week had runs ranging between 3 and 5 miles. My week culminated with a 6 mile "long run". I had to put that off on Saturday because the temperature hovered around 14 degrees, and the weatherman promised a balmy 20 degrees on Sunday! I really don't like running on Sunday--it is a full day of church and family dinner and activities and I am usually too pooped out to take a long run. But I planned carefully, took some extra snacks to church to keep fueled up, and headed out the door while my sweet hubby fixed lunch for t...

Mixed Feelings

It's been a long time in coming, but as of this morning, I'm no longer a medical transcriptionist. I'm not sure how I feel about that...a little bit relieved, a little bit sad, a lot bit uncertain about whether I'll regret this decision. For the last year or so, I've found that the transcription work isn't fulfilling the need I once had to stay at home with my babies and have an income. I've increasingly felt that I need more interaction and less monotony. I've also felt the pressure of work that constantly needs to be done, with no sense of ever being really "finished." No matter how much work you've done for the day, there's always another note waiting to be transcribed. That goes for sick days, holidays, vacations days or any kind of days. This year, I've dabbled in substituting as a school monitor and office staff, and kind of found my niche in the last few weeks. I'll be working a couple of hours a day in one of the ...