Skip to main content

Hidden Blessing

Brainy Boy has been agonizing at the mailbox every day when the coveted paintball gun that Muh Main Man won on Ebay last weekend did not arrive. Each and every day. We have exchanged numerous emails with Mr. Seller who assured us the paintball gun was on its way. Mysteriously today, we got a Paypal refund for the amount of the purchase price with a vague explanation about shipping problems. Nice. Explain that to Brainy Boy who schemed all week about gloating in front of his boy buddies during the paintball game tomorrow. Thus the discussion about pride and destruction and the haughty spirit before crashing and burning...or falling as Proverbs puts it.

Mean Mom was going to make him wait until his birthday to rectify the issue, good and proper as was the original plan. BUT as always Muh Main Man and his instant gratification tendencies came to the rescue. He again bid and won. This time a better gun for less money. And that always makes me happy.

Hopefully this time all will go without a hitch and we'll be arming our child with a weapon of destruction soon enough.

Comments

Rochelle said…
Hey I've got an idea...Maybe you could set Brainy Boy loose with the paintball gun in his bathroom & get the painting started for ya! Hee hee!
Unknown said…
Good for Brainy Boy! I'm sure he's twice as eager to get his new toy now!
Allana Martian said…
I guess you can't come between a boy and the toy that will shorten the gap between boyhood and being a man!
What happened seriously sucks. I wonder what those "shipping problems" were. I'm glad your son will be able to still show off a new paintball gun lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,