Skip to main content

Who had a Baby?!

I have been anticipating today for weeks. It is Thursday. It is the first day of summer vacation. I had big plans. Sleep until noon if I wanted. Let the kids stay in their jammies all day if they wanted. Hang out and do nothing worthwhile if I wanted. The kids would certainly comply with all of this. But the "baby" would not.

I made careful arrangements. I turned off the alarm. I forced an agreement from Muh Main Man to take the dog out when he woke for work. I put a pillow over my head so I wouldn't hear the phone ring before I was awake.

Everything went as planned until Muh Main Man followed through with his promise to take DogSpot to pee. He came back in and hopped in the shower. And she started to whine. And whine. And whine some more. She whined because he didn't let her follow him upstairs. She whined because she wanted to terrorize the cat. She whined because she wanted to jump all over me in bed all of which she did when he finally gave in to her bellowing. And so went my sleeping in until noon. I can't wait until she's older. I might as well have had another baby because she still needs to be watched like a hawk and she still likes to get up at odd hours to play and she still whines when she's not with one of us.

The only good thing is that now it is noon and I've gotten much more accomplished than I originally planned. O well, so it goes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I remember the days when Lulu was so infantile too. Thad had such a time with her. I felt bad for him. Yeah it was hard for me to lay there in bed and ignore the fuss he was going through with cleaning up after her and taking her out but I manage alright. Now we have her trained to open the back door and let herself out. "yeah right"...Crystal P.
Unknown said…
Aw, DogSpot loves you so much, oh the joys of mommy hood!

Bobby and I talk about getting a pup when Magic goes to kitty heaven. Thanks for the details; I may have to recall these words one day.
Mary Ellen said…
Ugh, as much as I love our dog I would be putting her in a crate in the garage if she did that to me early in the morning during the summer. Tiffany seems to know, even though she sleeps at the foot of our bed, to NOT DISTURB until I am on my feet! Hopefully that is something yours will get better at as she gets older...I wonder if ignorning her for a few days would help her realize it's all in vain?!!?!
Melanie said…
Puppies and babies are a lot alike, aren't they?
Anonymous said…
That's exactly why we don't have a dog. 5 kids keeps me hopping enough as it is. As I'm writing this, my hubby is playing "fetch" with baby JC. It's one of those flying helicopters and JC fetches it and brings it back to hubby. So, you see, who NEEDS a dog for a game of fetch?! lol
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,