Thursday, June 21

Who had a Baby?!

I have been anticipating today for weeks. It is Thursday. It is the first day of summer vacation. I had big plans. Sleep until noon if I wanted. Let the kids stay in their jammies all day if they wanted. Hang out and do nothing worthwhile if I wanted. The kids would certainly comply with all of this. But the "baby" would not.

I made careful arrangements. I turned off the alarm. I forced an agreement from Muh Main Man to take the dog out when he woke for work. I put a pillow over my head so I wouldn't hear the phone ring before I was awake.

Everything went as planned until Muh Main Man followed through with his promise to take DogSpot to pee. He came back in and hopped in the shower. And she started to whine. And whine. And whine some more. She whined because he didn't let her follow him upstairs. She whined because she wanted to terrorize the cat. She whined because she wanted to jump all over me in bed all of which she did when he finally gave in to her bellowing. And so went my sleeping in until noon. I can't wait until she's older. I might as well have had another baby because she still needs to be watched like a hawk and she still likes to get up at odd hours to play and she still whines when she's not with one of us.

The only good thing is that now it is noon and I've gotten much more accomplished than I originally planned. O well, so it goes.

6 of Your THINKS:

Anonymous said...

I remember the days when Lulu was so infantile too. Thad had such a time with her. I felt bad for him. Yeah it was hard for me to lay there in bed and ignore the fuss he was going through with cleaning up after her and taking her out but I manage alright. Now we have her trained to open the back door and let herself out. "yeah right"...Crystal P.

Debbie said...

Aw, DogSpot loves you so much, oh the joys of mommy hood!

Bobby and I talk about getting a pup when Magic goes to kitty heaven. Thanks for the details; I may have to recall these words one day.

maryellenhuff said...

Ugh, as much as I love our dog I would be putting her in a crate in the garage if she did that to me early in the morning during the summer. Tiffany seems to know, even though she sleeps at the foot of our bed, to NOT DISTURB until I am on my feet! Hopefully that is something yours will get better at as she gets older...I wonder if ignorning her for a few days would help her realize it's all in vain?!!?!

Melanie said...

Puppies and babies are a lot alike, aren't they?

allana said...

That's exactly why we don't have a dog. 5 kids keeps me hopping enough as it is. As I'm writing this, my hubby is playing "fetch" with baby JC. It's one of those flying helicopters and JC fetches it and brings it back to hubby. So, you see, who NEEDS a dog for a game of fetch?! lol

Mafia Wars Illegal Transaction Records said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.