Skip to main content

No Cause For Worry

I'm attempting to get back into a quasi-regular blogging schedule but my attention has been dragged to and fro over the past couple of weeks.

Thankfully, Brainy Boy is suddenly progressing splendidly after a somewhat anxiety-ridden (for Muah) slow road. I was about at the breaking point with worry that we'd done the wrong thing with his foot surgery when yesterday, he took a drastic turn for the better. His limp is beginning to disappear and he's no longer walking as if one foot is two inches shorter than the other. This happened suddenly and starting yesterday morning, the only sign of abnormality is that he walks with his legs a bit further apart than would be normal. This is due to the fact that his Achilles tendon is still too short, but we are confidently expecting physical therapy to take care of stretching it out so that no further surgery is necessary.

I'm not an outward worrier, and generally nobody knows that I'm an internal basket case. Muh Main Man is shocked when I ever get to the overflowing point since I don't generally show my stress level. But my fretting got to the point that last Monday (4/30) I think I induced myself into a troublesome migraine that caused some stroke-like symptoms with some temporary expressive aphasia. I suddenly couldn't think of words that I was trying to say, including the names of most of my family members and close friends. Luckily it only lasted about an hour, and a trip to the Emergency Room with a CAT scan showed....you guessed it...nothing :0 I'll be following up with a neurologist on Friday just to make sure that it was indeed a migraine that I had and that my brain is as it should be. Other than a little fogginess that is gradually disappearing, I'm pretty much back to my old self.

Frankly, if I didn't have God in my life, I can't imagine what state I'd have been in the last month or so. Even through all the stress, it has been reassuring to know that nothing can happen to my kiddo without God already knowing about it. Thank God for that! This Mom stuff is tough!

Comments

Melanie said…
I too do lots of worrying and keep most of it inside. I make myself sick to my stomach with my worries even though I know I need to trust God with whatever the outcomes will be.
I'm so glad everything was okay with you. And I'm happy to hear Brainy Boy is doing better. I've been keeping him in my prayers!
Unknown said…
So THRILLED to hear Brainy Boy is doing well! I'm reminded that God does not always provide the full painted picture at once. It takes time, patience and sometimes a difficult path but the brush remains in His Almighty Hands. I'm so glad to hear you got a good report and I pray everything goes well for you in your next visit.
Anonymous said…
I keep it inside as much as I can, too. Most days, though, I feel like I'm constantly praying! Your episode sounds very scary! I'm glad that your scan didn't turn up anything! I try to remember that "worry is an invitation to pray". :-)
Anonymous said…
Wow. I can't imagine how frightening that must have been. Glad you're ok.

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha