Skip to main content

Crazy Dazy

As of today school has been back in session a full two weeks, and I have to admit, I'm a bit disillusioned. I had visions of blasting through the house getting absolutely everything caught up, making us rich by putting in hours of transcription- but the days are passing and I'm barely able to keep up with even my blogging--imagine that!

I look back over my calendar and I find there is just too much black space and not enough white. I think that six or seven hours of daily "empty" time seems like the jackpot it's a combination of me thinking I have more than adequate time to get the necessities done and everybody else figuring I have nothing better to do than to sign up to help them with their projects. Now I readily admit that I volunteer for many such activities like going into the classroom for various events, working on PTA plans, coordinating some things at church--all very worthwhile time investments. But other things like exercising, the quick lunch with the girls afterward, the running to the bank or store--all those time eaters, just seem throw the rest of the plan into chaos!

I'm gonna have to get myself on a stricter time schedule and reestablish my routine from last year. I suppose it takes a couple of weeks of winging it to realize why the schedule I used to follow works a lot better. Frankly, the bottom line is that having an agenda is not nearly as interesting as bee-bopping around taking things as they come. It doesn't allow for much procrastination and kind of forces me getting down to business even when I don't really want to. But I'm a list-making, schedule-following, planner type of girl and eventually the free-form drives me sort of nuts - which is where I'm at right now.

So starting tomorrow, I'm getting back on track--well, after our MOMs group meeting, that is. And maybe just one more quick lunch with the girls for good measure !!

Comments

Rochelle said…
Oh well...the freespirited schedule seemed like a good idea...but I hear what you're saying. I'm more of a scheduled, list-masker, task-oriented woman too.
Anonymous said…
I hear ya! Even when I'm home all day I never seem to get 100% of the things done that I think I am going to when I wake up that morning - most days I feel like I just blink and the morning is gone. It takes a while to get back into the swing of things after summer too, you will!

Like I tell Jen Pedersen, don't be so good at what you do when you are on those committee's and you be won't asked to do so much. :-)
crazymumma said…
Time, organization. It all seems so elusive. I to, thought I would get so much done when my girls went back to school. Hah. How humbling.

Happy Birthday to Chickadee! I have a 9 year old girl as well. What a stunning age....
PandaMom said…
Ditto! I am not in the volunteer stage yet, so I can still use my great excuse, "Oh, I have a little one." Now with #2 on the way I can still use that line for several years.
; ) I do find myself running out of time, though. How is that? I am a SAHM and still find that my kitchen floor is in dire need of mopping....hmmm
Unknown said…
It took me a couple weeks after Kristy left for college and getting over all the travel and company to get into the grove.

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,