Skip to main content

Time at a Premium

These days, with time at a premium, I just sometimes don't have a bloomin' thing worth reporting. I used to have a lot more time to just create a story out of nuthin' but that's not working for me lately.

In the interest of keeping you in the loop of bloggy lifedom, though, I suppose I should fill you in on a few things that have, in fact, come to pass as I have put my poor Thinks on the back burner whilst putting out all the fires here and yon.

#1-Little Chic had the honor of performing in an All County chorus this past weekend. Although thrilled for her, a little known fact about me is that I sincerely dread going to events where I am watching other people's children perform. Oh, I do love it when they watch mine, but I don't generally enjoy returning the favor (although of course, I do it with a brilliant smile). However, my bias was completely crushed when the concert turned out to be one of the most impressive I've ever attended. In a mere weekend of practice, they had the 5th-6th grade chorus singing fantastic 3-part harmony and as well as a song in Hebrew. Pictures and video weren't allowed, but we are purchasing a copy of the DVD--we'll see if we can paste a clip once it gets here.

#2-I've been successful in NOT getting kicked out of the Kmart New Day Your Way contest that I'm in with my kickboxing class. That is a feat, if I do say so myself. It is a 12-week contest where you weigh in every two weeks. No missing weigh ins - or you're booted. You also have to lose a pound a week--or you're out. I have a piteous fear of being the first kicked out, and apparently, I work well under pressure. We are in week 8 and I've so far I've exceeded my goal every time--with one squeak-by. But still!

#3-Little Chic has discovered, on her own, that she loves doing laundry. And can you say "Happy Mama"?. This is one task that I'm always chasing to keep under control and my 10-year old actually does a darn-tootin' fine job. On the down side, I do see a raise in a allowance perhaps, but I anticipate my mood will be greatly elevated as I dish out the extra dollars. Depending on how long the thrill lasts for her, of course.

#4-Other than that, I survived my most dreaded day of the year--Spring Forward day (when we lose that precious hour). I hung in there even with a zillion things going on at church this morning -- of course with me involved in them all. I also persevered when I found out that Muh Main Man's truck window got blown out during a severe wind storm last night, which required an extra run back home from church to get him and the Short People. I will admit though, that upon returning home this afternoon, I near passed out for an afternoon nap. After I sucked down some chocolate pudding. As a sleep aid.

I'm sure lots more has happened, but we'll save those thrills for next time...

Comments

Heather said…
I don't think I would mind handing out a little extra allowance for laundry either.

Have a :) week!

~Heather :)
Allana Martian said…
#2. The prizes are awesome for the Kmart New Day contest! Hope you win!

#3. Ain't it great? Becca is doing her own laundry. Yipee! Plus, she does most of the switching of the loads for me. It's worth the extra allowance for sure!
Melanie said…
Great to have an update!

Congrats on the weight loss- keep it up!!
Amy B. said…
Aahhh...well, I decided to run by your blog b/c our schedules are completely off now. Your gone when I'm home and I'm home when your at work. Oh well, I'll be checking in more often, me thinks to make sure I stay up to date :)

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,