Skip to main content

I Love It When the Chips Fall In My Favor

Although my local Sam's Club didn't make me feel special in my gift-toting dilemma, Bath & Body Works has come to the rescue. Now, I am not generally a coupon maven. Not that I'm all un-frugal or anything. I'm just allergic to hassle. I tend to forget to clip the coupon, or more likely, once I clip it, I forget to bring it along. Or I get there with the coupon and there are all these limit on it. Limits aren't my thing so I'm not the champion cents saver in that sort of way. I'm more of a sales type of girl.

But then.

Into my mailbox came a $10 off a $30 purchase from Bath & Body works. The fine print didn't say anything about regular purchases or excluding this-n-that, so I've clutched it to my bosom since the day it fluttered it's paper wings into my mailbox. So I'd have it when I needed it. You know how those needs just pop up sometimes like that. Anyway, I decided I needed it today. For some stocking stuffers for others. And for some scent-a-ma-thingies for myself. I use them in my outlets because I'm a smell freak. I smell things sometimes and if it's not good...well, let's just say I'll dig high & low to figure out where the smell is coming from. But back to the coupon.

Not only did the lovely Bath & Body works let me buy all sorts of 75% and 50% and special $3 items to add up to my $30 (so I could get the $10 off) they also rewarded me with a $10 gift certificate for spending $20. Apparently I'm highly motivated by rewards because I'm going back over tonight to spend the $10. And to get the free lip balm which also came delivered into my mailbox via a nice little coupon.

Excuse me while I get to clipping...because now I've decided to clip.

Comments

jenny said…
Hey, thanks so much for the tip! I, too, had saved that coupon that came in the mail...but after reading your blog I decided to hightail it over to the local B&B only to find out that promotion was last week. But, the sales clerk proceeded to give me one of her personal gift certificates (she said she had too many to use) so I was delighted to get this steal of a deal. I loaded up on the antibacterial soaps...great Christmas gifts for teachers. Thanks SO much for sharing!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha