Skip to main content

House Meme

I don't do these very often, but every once in a while, there's a bit of "get to know ya" that can be accomplished, so here ya go...

House meme:

1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Equate moisturizing shower soap.
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No
3. What would you change about your living room? I'd put in hardwoods.
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Dirty, and waiting to be run.
5. What is in your fridge? Besides food? A package of anti-barf suppositories and a jar of fake cucumbers for your eyes that are over a year old(that I keep contents for both ends of your body in the same place, huh?)
6. White or wheat bread? Usually wheat but Muh Main Man has been begging for Italian so I've been indulging ;)
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? A wicker basket containing our phone book.
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Sort of a tan with a purple and green flower motif.
9. How many plants are in your home? 3 and they are new, so we'll see how long they last.
10. Is your bed made right now? Yes, but not neatly.
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Comet
12. Is your closet organized? All except for my shoes.
13. Can you describe your flashlight? My husband is an emergency responder. Which means we each have at least three. Even the kids. The closest are a yellow one and a green one. The weirdest are those ones you shake up to regenerate their batteries.
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Disposable if I have them on hand, out of the can if I'm drinking soda and glass is my last resort because I wash them by hand.
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? Never.
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? That's Muh Main Man's area and it's a disaster. But we won't talk about that.
17. Curtains or blinds? Only valances. I live in the country and like my windows bare.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? One big one.
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? Night light in the kids' bathroom and the kitchen counter spotlight.
20. How often do you vacuum? I Swiffer vac the kitchen every day or so and about twice a week every where else.
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard
22. What color is your toothbrush? Green
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Yeah, but it doesn't say welcome. It's for the dirt.
24. What is in your oven right now? The roaster pan thing that comes with most ovens.
25. Is there anything under your bed? Oh, yeah. 2 Rubbermaid sweater boxes full of Muh Main Man's CDs on his side plus two wicker baskets on my side full of the books I'm reading.
26. Chore you hate doing the most? Laundry and dusting.
27. What retro items are in your home? None
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Kind of a balcony where our computers are.
29. How many mirrors are in your home? 4.
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? If I did, I wouldn't tell you. But, no.
31. What color are your walls? Many colors. Brainy Boys are yellow/blue. Little Chic's are aqua. The dining room is gold/red, living room is taupe and moss green and the rest is white.
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? Remember, Muh Main Man? He hunts. So, we have lots of long guns. Plus he's on the SWAT team. So he has a pistol. It's loaded. So do not sneak into my house. I will shoot you. After I get the gun out of the safe. Which is complicated. Because you have to put your fingers on the finger pad just so...
33. What does your home smell like right now? Asian Stir Fry (yes, I cooked. From scratch).
34. Favorite candle scent? Pear, cucumber, fresh fruity scents.
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? Lime pickles.
36. What color is your favorite Bible? Green hardcover
37. Ever been on your roof? No, but my kids have.
38. Do you own a stereo? No. A boat load of radios.
39. How many TVs do you have? 2
40. How many house phones? 2 cordless because our cells don't work at home.
41. Do you have a housekeeper? If I could justify it.
42. What style do you decorate in? Kind of eclectic.
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Solid
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Muh Main Man is also a fireman, so yes.
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? After the people and pets, I'd grab my computer (for the pics) and my fire safe with our documents in it.

Comments

LindaJo49 said…
Okay, so it's 11pm and luckily, no one can hear me laughing out loud! These are toooo good!! My answers were probably be predictably boring!
Melanie said…
I love your answers! I'm so glad you did this meme.
Unknown said…
Great meme! I always like learning new things about my friends.
Unknown said…
Nice answers! I love learning new things about people!
Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,