Skip to main content

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

The Good News: I'm not pregnant. That's according to the Flu Vaccine Research study that I joined today. Not that I thought I was pregnant, but they kindly informed me that I'm not anyway. I've noticed that whenever it is imperative that you not be pregnant for some reason (like beginning a new medication, or getting certain types of x-rays, etc.) women of child-bearing age will be asked if they are pregnant. If you reply to the negative, they will promptly do a pregnancy test. I suppose they figure your word is more reliable if you are in the family way.

The Bad News: Looks like I'll be going to get that root canal after all. Dr. Miracle Worker's miracle filling isn't working out so well. The 75% better tooth has stayed that way and although it's not excruciating, 25% annoying is bound to get on my nerves since I've been putting up with this tooth for way too long. And believe me, whatever gets in the way of me eating my fall obsession (carmel apples) in comfort is on it's way to tooth heaven.

The Ugly: Because of my own lack of proper party planning procedure, I have become solely responsible for Little Chic's classroom Halloween party on Friday. I was able to scramble and get 2 people to contribute an item each, and they have promised to be there to help. But all the arrangements, planning and supplies other than plates, napkins and popcorn will be dragged in by me. I think I'm already experiencing Room Mother burn-out if there is such a thing. I do have a secret plan--I'm dressing up as a fairy and going to wave the magic wand around, hoping that everything will "POOF" into place. We'll see how that works for me.

Comments

PandaMom said…
I can't WAIT to see you in your fairy outfit!!! PLEASE post those pics! Happy poofing! ;)
Mary Ellen said…
I think I just drooled on my keyboard, the very mention of carmel apples tends to make me do that - yummy!

Uh good luck with the magic wand thingy, if it works please mail it to me when you are done with it, I could use one for all the parties here. :-)
Unknown said…
Hope all goes well with Dr. Miracle Worker, I'm sure he's going to wave his magic wand and make everything all better. Here's to enjoying Carmel Apples!

Good luck with the party tomorrow & hope the wand works its wonders. I'm sure the kids adore you!

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,