Skip to main content

Room in Progress

Here are a few pics of the activity last week for Little Chic's room (which she loved when she got home from camp, by the way). It's not totally complete, but every day we work on a few more details. We'll have to see how faithful I am at uploading pictures so that I can post the pretties ;)


The room started out something like this...


...and it's shaping up something like this...I was a little wary about what we were gong to do with dark brown and hot pink, but it's pretty cute after all. I did put my foot down and refused to paint the walls solid pink and brown, but I bought the bedside table and painted it and also painted the top and knobs of the white dresser. The wall color is kind of a tan and today I put some brown and pink paint details on the walls. We don't have anything hung back up on the walls, but it's getting close!

I was a nervous wreck when I was putting chocolate colored paint on this white dresser! I actually had to paint it twice since the first time, I did not sand and prime it like my girlfriend told me to. The next day as I was measuring the top for a piece of plexiglass, the paint scraped right off! I ended up peeling the entire top in one whole big piece of paint. So then I decided to sand and paint it like I should've in the first place!

This is one of my favorite things...I love storage bins of every kind! I'd say I may be addicted to them. Lucky for me, they came in dark brown.



In Little Chic's words, "The other room was just so....well, babyish, and this new one is all sophisticated and stuff."

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is awesome, Jennifer! What a great job you did!

~SUe
jenny said…
Very, very cute...I love those storage bins under the bed!
laurie said…
Looks great! I did the same thing painting our stair railing last year. It took FOREVER to scrape all of the paint off when I discovered it was peeling.
Unknown said…
You did a fantastic job! Love that pink, what a cool room for her!
Amy B. said…
That is looking very cute! I love how you painted the top of the dresser!
Allana Martian said…
I love the brown and pink. Very grown up! I also like your idea of painting the top of the dresser. Gives me an idea....hmmmm...

I need to get busy and post pictures of Rebecca's room makeover. :-)
Amy B. said…
Okay - we're ready to see the final product!
Anonymous said…
That really does look great! Very striking. I love the facelift a new color scheme gives.

Sounds like a typical home improvement project, too -- full of unforeseen adventures!
Anonymous said…
hey miss jen its me maddie i saw that pink and brown bed spread at target i want it soo bad but my walls are blue and my desk is purple i have nice pink rug and a white closet and a green,blue,pink,purple,yellow,and orange bed spread and a white bed frame and purple and pink pillows,with a white door covered with posters.My room looks good but probably not with that bed spread i saw. (i have a lot of things on my walls) =] LOL thats a lot of typing i did wow! p.s say hi to caroline for me!
love you all lots,maddie.p

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,