Wednesday, June 13

Poor DogSpot!

DogSpot went to the vet today to get her second round of puppy shots. Not only did she gain 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks since we were there last, but she also developed a reaction to the combination vaccine she got. Who knew that could happen? This is more complicated than having another kid. I know what kind of medicine to give them.

It took me a few minutes to realize she was having an issue as I initially thought she had gotten into an ants nest outside. I kept smoothing out a few ruffles in her fur which looked like burrs and I helped her reach an itch or two that she couldn't get herself. When she gave me a pitiful look full in the face, I realized that the poor little thing was completely covered in welts! A quick call to the vet confirmed that dogs do indeed sometimes react to their shots and dose of Benadryl should fix her up. Lucky for me she likes Red dye #33!

4 of Your THINKS:

maryellenhuff said...

Interesting - didn't know dogs could get hives, poor thing. She just looks like the sweetest dog. Did the Benadryl make her sleepy? So sorry to read your little girl is now sick to her stomach, you are surrounded by germs - I'm sure you are ready for school to be over and getting the kids away from sick kids!

Debbie said...

Aw, poor DogSpot looks so miserable. I hope the Benadryl made her all better.

Melanie said...

Poor little thing! I hope she feels better soon!

Isn't it funny how expensive the little family members can be?? Dottie is allergic to grass. Yes, grass!!

Rochelle said...

Poor DogSpot looks miserable! Hives are no fun! Right now my husband is having a similar reaction to some IV contrast he had for a CT scan yesterday.