Thursday, June 28

ACTS Dinner

The church we attend supports a local soup kitchen by providing the food and workers to cook and serve the food every other month. I have been wanting to get my kids involved in a compassionate activity for a while up to this point, I just haven't followed through. I've really been sensing the need to expose my kids to those less fortunate and give them an opportunity to show God's love to other people in a tangible way. So tonight, the Short People and I showed up at the United Methodist Church and helped fix food, served it and then cleaned up afterward. It was really a neat thing to see them get joy out of helping to make somebody else's day brighter. Little Chic wrote her own little synopsis of the experience.

5 of Your THINKS:

jenny said...

Hey Jen! Once upon a time and many moons ago, you and John were very hospitable to me while I was doing a summer internship up in NY. I remember rodeos, really yummy Sunday afternoon dinners, and always lots of fun and laughs. So enjoyed coming across your blog. You are very gifted with wit and words (love the family names!) and deserve all the honors and awards.

Stephen said...

That's awesome! Hope y'all have a pleasant Fourth of July.

Debbie said...

What a great way for the kids to give and touch others in such a meaningful way.

Becky said...

I need to get my 'short people' involved in something like that too. : ) Beautiful blog!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, my church, OLGC, has a soup kitchen every Friday. Suzy is a leader for a group, she works SOOOOO hard when it is her turn (teams rotate every week)! It is hard work and everyone is a volunteer. The kids who volunteer learn alot!

Camron will be volunteering this year for Soup Kitchens, it is part of his Religious Ed class.

~Sue