Tuesday, May 15

Recovery

We are hanging in there after the departure of our sweet HyperDog. It appears that we are a re-bound type of family, rejecting any suggestions to wait a while before re-entering parenthood of a new dog. We all want a new dog. Now. We miss our HyperDog immensely and it is just too depressing to each of us not having that wagging craziness greet us at the door.

We began scouring every known source for a new family member over the weekend and have yet to find the furry one who is looking for us, but I'm sure it won't be long. It's amazing how you can't seem to find a mutt when you are looking for one, but all sorts turn up when you aren't. Our requirements are few. Small to medium size, short hair, under a year old. Mutts and runts okay...after all, we all have a little of that in us.

5 of Your THINKS:

Rochelle said...

I would definitely feel the SAME way. Can't imagine not having a dog!!! I missed ours immensely while we were out of town for 3 weeks.

Debbie said...

Just a quite word to say I'm thinking about all of you.

I think you're making a very good decision and I know when the right furry pup comes along, you'll know.

Melanie said...

I've been thinking of you and the hard time you are going through. I think a new dog is a wonderful idea!

Diane said...

I know just how you feel - it's like the better the pet you've lost, the more desperately you're ready for another! We have 2 sweet mini daschshunds. If you're looking for something small, dashchunds are wonderful! Good luck in your search, and may the new addition heal your hearts!

maryellenhuff said...

Here's hoping the right little fellow or lady comes wagging into your hearts real soon!