Skip to main content

Patch


After searching like maniacs as if we were on some type of deadline, we have brought DogSpot home. She is a Jack Russell mix, reminiscent of our beloved HyperDog. She is mixed with what-we-don't-know, but she has beautiful white fur with a brown spot on her rear. Her eyes are a very unusual half blue/half brown in both eyes, making us think she may be mixed with a boxer. Little Chic was afraid that the picture might make readers think she was bald, but I assured her that I would inform you that indeed, she is not a hairless dog.

In any event, she has quickly decided that we are A-Okay, as we have her. She was a star passenger, sprawling on the back seat between Brainy Boy and Little Chic. As you can imagine, she is particularly fond of Little Chic, sitting politely when hoping for a nibble of some unexpected crumb. She has indulged all the pretend and play fantasies so far and has not been a disappointing playmate in the 2 hours she has been at home. Hopefully the potty training will be as successful. That's not generally my high point.

Her name is Patch. And we think she's grand.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, it oughta make "yer main man" (or whatever you call him now) happy to know that when he's gone....a replacement will be found quickly...
just kidding. I know that it would be impossible to replace him (thank goodness, there's not two like him!).

Anyway, i'm glad you found a new friend. She looks sorta like a pitbull....only little.
Rochelle said…
She's awfully cute...but where are her ears???
Melanie said…
Congratulations! She is totally adorable! I'm sure she is going to love her new family and all the spoiling she will get!
Congrats! What an adorable little pup! Always liked the Jack Russell types.

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,