Skip to main content

Bad Way to Start the Day

Ya know what's gross? Day old coffee. Ya know what's grosser? Day old coffee when you are expecting fresh brewed.

I received this awesome coffee pot for Christmas from Muh Main Man. You can imagine that it was a big hit since everybody knows how I love and depend on my coffee. Anyway, the best feature of this particular style is that there is no carafe to clean. The coffee stays inside the pot and you push a dispenser button to get it out.

The only drawback is that you don't actually see the coffee in the pot unless you look at the little measure window on the front. That means you have to remember to dump the old coffee before you make a fresh batch.

Since I detest mornings and since my love language is Acts of Service, Muh Main Man has cashed in on those two tidbits of information for me and regularly sets up the coffee pot the night before so it is brewed and ready when I wake up in the morning.

This morning was an exception since he came home yesterday afternoon with symptoms of the flu, and I was on my own this morning. That was not a good thing. I made my new pot of coffee, forgetting to dump out the cold remains of yesterday. Luckily I drank enough yesterday to leave the container only half full, so the fresh half pot didn't overflow the tank. That's lucky because the gross lukewarmness only went into my coffee cup and not over the entire counter.

I considered settling for the half-n-half. But after microwaving the first cup in desperation and drinking it on the way to drop the wee ones at school, I decided I couldn't deal and made myself a proper brew once I returned home. All I can say is Muh Main Man needs to be back on his feet by 9pm tonight to get things situated or I'm gonna be in a bad way come the weekend!

Comments

Mary Ellen said…
Please tell me that with all the germs he comes into contact with being an EMT that he gets a flu shot!?!!? Hope he recovers soon, if you don't get your morning half pot, er cup of coffee your blogs will take on a whole new tone. "-)
Truckin Teeds said…
My husband can totally relate! He's not so pleasant to be around until his 2nd or 3rd cup. First thing I bought when we started driving was a coffee pot that plugs into the cig. lighter! :)
Hope your hubby is up and around again soon!
Unknown said…
What a great looking setup you have there. I like getting my pot all set up the night before too. What a bummer when you're pumped for the real deal and get the leftovers. Yuck!!!

Hope your Main Man feels better soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha