Skip to main content

Back in the Saddle

We skidded into our NY driveway at 10pm, a mere 11.5 hours after hauling out of the NC one at 10:30am. We included a precious few pit stops into our journey, and the wee ones were real troopers. We did indulge in a little Bojangles for lunch along with some much-missed Cheerwine a couple of quick combination fuel/bathroom/food stops and that was about it. Brainy Boy suffered through it by watching the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy that Uncle lent him and Little Chic used her new Nintendo DS to diligently train her new NintenDog who had graduated puppy training by day's end. I passed the time by doing some admiring of my new laptop until motion sickness set in and then did a little snoozing in a less than comfortable position. Hero Guy fared best by having total control of the steering wheel (and thus the radio and temperature gauge) and we all pulled in with surprisingly good attitudes.

HyperDog was thrilled to see her family back although she did enjoy a bit of a vacation herself, visiting with neighbors for the nights and spending the days back at home annoying MonsterPaw without restriction. Now MonsterPaw is another story, not quite sure if she is mad at us for returning and disturbing her peace, or mad at us for leaving in the first place and giving us the cold shoulder for punishment. As I type this very first post from my brand new laptop (perched comfy against my pillow rather than hovering over my desktop) MonsterPaw is not in her usual place at the foot of the bed.

Hopefully by year's end, all will be back to normal.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey there Jennifer, you left me hangin' and daily that is... I must report I'm feeling like HyperDog, thrilled to see you steeled back home and hear with us too. So glad you had a nice trip and look forward to hearing more from you this New Year!
Unknown said…
I came back this morning to see if I could click on your Cheerwine as last night it was not working. I think it was a little too late for me with a dose to many of Cheerwine for myself writing steeled instead of settled and hear instead of here. I'm a mess; I know it and have to blame it on my dyslexia last night.
Rochelle said…
Never heard of Cheerwine....

Glad Santa was good to you...how'd he know you could use a laptop anyway??? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Little Chic's New Do

I have been bugging Little Chic to cut her waist-length hair for a long time. She did take about 4 inches off it about two months ago, and ever since, has been toying with the idea of something drastic and cool. Today was the day! I love it, but it's a little sad too--seeing how it makes her look all mature and teenager-ish.

Stickin' It Out

I got married today. Well, not exactly today. It was Friday, June 2. But the year was 1989 - 17 years ago. "Amazing", people say. "Good for you", they comment. "You must have picked the right one", the add. Amazing? Yes. Good for me? I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with picking the right one, really. It's not because I found the perfect boy, and it's certainly not because he found the perfect girl. It might sound a little unromantic, but there never really is a 'right one' floating around out there waiting in the cosmos for the other 'right one' to crash and connect. There may be 'better ones'; there may be 'more easily compatible' or something or other. But the real story is you start becoming the right one the moment you vow that "you do". When I married, I had been 20 for a whole 33 days, we had just completed a 2-year long-distance realtionship and HE was five years older tha

"Huncle" Dave

This guy's my uncle. He's 8 years older than me. With my dad being the oldest of 10 kids, my grandma still had kids at home by the time my dad was getting started with life. This guy was my hero when I was growing up--sort of the big brother role, but with a little more novelty than a constant bully and boss hanging around. He certainly did his share of bossing and bullying, but I took it all in stride since I thought he was an incredibly big deal. Since he was the youngest of 10 kids, but older than all the grandkids, he took full advantage and made the best of his position in life. One aspect of him being more 'mature and world-wise' was that he required treatment of proper respect and authority. Thus, I, and my cousins, were expected to boost his ego by calling him by his rightful name "Huncle". This classy moniker had the unique combination of the relationship (uncle) and his self-proclamation of him being a teenage 'hunk'. Since growing up,