Monday, July 3

Bonfires

Just another reason I love living where I do. I can make a bonfire (well, Hero Guy does it for me) and make S'mores any ole time I want. And I don't even worry about the field catching on fire because 1) It's been a flood zone around here lately and 2) I live with a real-live fireman who would probably relish the opportunity to put out yet another fire (as long as it isn't too serious).

Brainy Boy succeeded in blistering his lip with the metal prong of the marshmallow stick. It seems during our many sessions of the roasting activity we still haven't trained our offspring to safely remove molten sugar from metal sticks with something other than their mouths. Brainy Boy is immensely interested to know firsthand whether sticking one's tongue on a metal flagpole in the wintertime will indeed attach the tongue permanently to the pole (he actually asked me today if I'd ever done it myself). Since I have forbidden him to experiment with the ice/pole thing, he instead figures the scalding marshmallow is the next closest way to scientifically discover the accuracy of the theory.

7 of Your THINKS:

Crystal Breeze said...

that is too funny. give that kids a lip pad instead of a hot pad...

i love the smores..we have a bonfire in our yard too. we need to get together sometime Jen. Any chance of a girls night out coming up? Movies? Paint Pottery?

Anonymous said...

If you are doing a girls night out with a movie I HIGHLY recommend "Lake House!" Good, very clean, very cute and did I mention good? movie! A little different storyline, you can't think too deeply about it, just go with the flow and enjoy a sweet love story. OUCH on the burning lip thing, that hadda hurt. Good thing you know a good medic....:-)

Debbie said...

Ouch! It's amazing when we learn things the hard way we tend to never have to go back for a refresher course. I hope he didn't get burnt to bad.

Anonymous said...

HEY!! I LOVE SMORES!!! We can't do that here!!!!! If I am driving past and you are out having smores, I am stopping!! LOL!
Girls' night out??? We got to do that! OR a girls' shopping trip again...LOL! I saw Angel in Target yesterday and she said "Shopping without me??"!
~Sue

amyb said...

We have a firepit in our backyard and I'm looking very forward to using it in the fall for roasting marshmallows. Btw, you can tell BB that his Aunt Amy did something similar to the tongue to the flagpole scenario. However, mine was a metal icetray.

Paula said...

Yummmm, S'mores! Welcome back from your trip!

Robin said...

Maybe you should rent "A Christmas Story" for him to watch...THAT might cure him of wanting to stick his tongue on a frozen pole. Or maybe just let him pick up a cube of ice right outta the fridge with wet fingers...tell him that's a mild sampling to how a tongue stuck to a pole would feel.

Anywho, something very sexy about living with your own princess-rescuing fireman. Guys like that whole damsel in distress thing when they know you can kick some tail when necessary. (where she gets this stuff, I have no idea :) ).